Monday, May 21, 2018

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC52 Sponging Sunsets: Enjoy Life

Good morning!  What an enjoyable weekend spending time with my little guy and friends.  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog it's time for this month's technique challenge and we're using the sponging sunset technique, which is easy and fun to use. 

I started by making my main focal point using Glossy White cardstock, Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach, and Cajun Craze ink, along with a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I had punched a hole in the center using a 2 1/4" Circle Punch.  I sponged the sun first using the cardstock with the circle cut out and then switched and added my circle piece over the yellow sponging and started with the Peekaboo Peach and then added Cajun Craze around the edges and blending in until I was happy with the look.

Next I took the new Enjoy Life stamp set (this set is awesome) and using Tuxedo Memento Black ink I stamped the lady (I held the stamp on the cardstock for a couple of extra seconds just to make sure I got good saturation on the stamp).  Then I matted the cardfront with Basic Black cardstock and attached it to a cardbase that's Daffodil Delight.

Next I used some Whisper White 1/4" Organza Ribbon (retiring) to wrap around the bottom and attached the bow.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and is my favorite!  It's stamped in Basic Black ink on Cajun Craze cardstock and then cut out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits before attaching it with dimensionals.

I had a lot of fun with this card and designed it for a very special friend so I can't wait to send it out.  Make sure to check out the other design team cards using this technique (such a great variety) and then we would love for you to join us and play along with this technique and share what you create.


Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:
 
Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog