Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge SC 289: Love What You Do

Good morning!  Today the Hand Stamp Sentiments team has a great sketch challenge that you will surely want to play with.  I decided to use lots of product's from the Share What you Love product suite, which will be in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog but we have a chance to order different bundles of these products early to get a head start on the fun (with these bundles you'll also get your hands on some of the new and returning colors that are part of this years Color Revamp (so excited about this.

For this card I started with Mint Macaron cardstock for the cardbase (so happy this is returning) and then added a piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Petal Burst Embossing Folder.  Next I added a strip of DSP from the new Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (this package is huge and has some amazing prints).




For the stamped image I used the Love What You Do stamp set and stamped the watercolor wash stamp in Old Olive on Whisper White cardstock.  The flower outline is Basic Black and then I used Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss (returning color) that was stamped off for the flowers.  I inked up the edge of my clear block to stamp around the edge of the cardstock for a fun effect (honestly, I had some ink on my block edge when I stamped one of the flowers so then I just went with it and added more so it looked lit it was done on purpose instead of redoing the piece, flaws are just a way to make it unique right?)

The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and then cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits before attaching it with dimensionals.  To finish of the card I added a colored pearl from the Share What you Love Artisan Pearls (also available this month as part of the bundles) and then a double bow tied with Whisper White Baker's Twine.

I love the color combination of this card and the watercolor look with the flowers, and given how bad my allergies are right now because of the pollen this is about as close as I should be to flowers right about now, haha!  Make sure to check out the cards the other design team members are sharing and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog