Monday, March 5, 2018

SSINKspiration Color Sketch #SSINKCC50: Eclectic Expressions

Good morning!  I hope you all survived this weekends crazy wind storm with not too much damage.  We lost power for 15 hours which has never happened to us but all things considering we held up pretty well (but oh man were my runs this weekend more than a little challenging with all that wind providing resistance training).  It's the start of the new week which means it's time for a color sketch over on the SSINKspiration blog.  As soon as I saw these colors I thought it would be prefect to show off the new Eclectic Expressions stamp set, which is one of the newly released Sale-a-bration Freebies!

I started with Sweet Sugarplum cardstock for the cardbase and then added Basic Black as a mat for the Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I randomly stamped several images along the right side of the card using all the colors from the challenge, Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Sky, and Rich Razzleberry.

The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock.  Then I used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the greeting but my cardstock strip was a little smaller than the oval so cut it to have a flat top and bottom and then cut out an oval using the same die using Rich Razzleberry cardstock so it peaks out of the top and bottom (before attaching the two pieces I did lightly sponge the edges of the white piece with Soft Sky ink) and then attached the greeting piece to the cardfront with dimenionals.

Of course I needed to dress this up with a little bling so I started with a piece of Whisper White 1/4" Organza Ribbon and used the Pool Party Light Stampin' Blends to color the ribbon (the lighter marker is close to Soft Sky so it coordinates) and then used a piece of Silver Mini Sequin Trim and tied the two pieces together for a fun double bow.

I'm always in need of birthday cards and this has a fun, modern feel to it I can't wait to get it out in the mail to a special friend.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing using this color challenge and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.



Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog