Friday, March 2, 2018

SSINKspiration CASE the Designer (Cheryl Hamilton): Dragonfly Dreams

Good morning and Happy Friday!  Holy wind Batman is it crazy outside, there are definitely no dragonflies out and about today.  Today the SSINKspiration designers are playing another round of CASE the Designer.  This month we're focusing on Cheryl Hamilton and her wonderful creations.  I had fun looking through Cheryl's blog for project inspiration, so much to choose from, and when I saw this ship in a bottle card for one of her card classes, see Cheryl's card HERE.  Now I don't have the stamp set Cheryl used but I used the background idea and sketch as inspiration for my card.

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and then added Basic Black for the mat on my Whisper White cardfront.  I embossed the cardfront with the Big Shot and Ruffled Dynamic Embossing folder and then used Brusho Crystal Color and an Aqua Painter to create the watercolor background (I spritzed the cardstock with water first and then used my Heat Tool to dry the cardstock so I could finish the card.)

The greeting is from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and was stamped on Smoky Slate cardstock with Basic Black ink before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits.  I used the coordinating Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits and Big Shot to cut the string of dragonflies out of Silver Foil cardstock so it really pops againsted the blue watercolor wash.  The final touch was to add some enamel dots from the Metallics and Subtles Enamal Shapes sets.

I definitely feel several similar elements in both my card and Cheryl's, while adding my own spin, I hope Cheryl approves.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used in today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I totally approve! Thanks for CASE-ing me, Diana! You did a great job with the Brusho... beautiful background colors!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog