Thursday, February 15, 2018

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Happy Wishes

Good morning!  I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday and were spoiled by those you love.  Today I decide to play along with the Fab Friday color challenge and I have to admit, when I first saw these colors I thought Valentine's but wanted to change things up so I decided to use this color sketch for a soft and pretty birthday card that features a great FREE Sale-a-bration set as well as fun and easy technique with the ribbon.

I started with Sweet Sugar Plum cardstock for the cardbase and then added Melon Mambo as a mat for the Powder Pink Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper (love the soft look of this floral pattern!)  I used a piece of Silver "3/8" Metallic-Edge Ribbon to wrap around the cardfront but before attaching it I used my Pink Pirouette Dark Stampin' Blends marker to color in the ribbon (the blends markers were great to color ribbon and allows you to create so many more possibilities for suing the ribbon.)

The greeting is from the Happy Wishes Stamp set which is a Sale-a-bration Freebie with a $100 qualifying order (I really like the additional options we have with two different levels of SAB items) and I stamped the greeting in Sweet Sugar Plum and Melon Mambo ink on Whisper White cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits.  I used the same framelits to cut a scalloped oval piece out of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock and then embossed it with the Big Shot and Pinewood Plank Dynamic Embossing Folder.  I added a couple of Rhinestones to amp up the sparkle on the card.  The greeting was attached with dimensionals as the final step.

This is such a pretty card, perfect for those springtime birthdays (oh how I miss spring, haha!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card: 

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. So happy and fun. Love what you did with these colors, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, who knew this set would look so cute in our colors, love it! The ovals are so sweet! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog