Friday, January 19, 2018

SSINKspiration Fun with Stampin' Blends: You're Inspiring

Good morning!  I was so excited when Stampin' Up! announced the release of the new Stampin' Blends markers as I was really starting to like the look of coloring with our previous alcohol markers before they had to be pulled and I have to tell you the new Stampin' Blends are wonderful!  Today the SSINKspiration blog designers are sharing projects made using these great new markers that if you like to color are a must!  Also, since we've had such cold weather lately, and even a little snow I decided to brighten the mood make making a pretty spring looking card using the new You're Inspiring stamp set.

I started with Old Olive cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder and then added a strip of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper.

For the main stamped image, I started by stamping the tulip image on Whisper White cardstock using Memento Basic Black ink (you need to use this ink when using the Blends so it doesn't bleed).  Next I used my Stampin' Blends to color the image in before cutting it out with my Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped on Old Olive cardstock using Basic Black ink and then cut out using the same framelits before attaching with dimensionals.

The final touch was to add a bow using Daffodil Delight 1/4" Double Stitched Ribbon.

This card just screams spring, which I need given this cold weather.  I was so excited when I saw this stamp set and see myself using it for lots of cards this spring so I will definitely get some coloring therapy in.  Have you tried out the new Stampin' Blends?  I'm teaching a Stampin' Blends class this weekend and looking forward to sharing how fun and easy these markers are.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog