Friday, December 1, 2017

SSINKspiration CASE the Designer (DARLA): Birthday Delivery

Good morning!  I think Fridays are a great day to start out a new month, lots to look forward to as we close out the year and all the holidays.  Today I'm joining along with the
SSINKspiration designers in another edition of CASE of Designer.  This month we're focusing on Darla Roberts and I love her clean style.  When I was looking at Darla's blog for a card I came across a great card that used the Painted Harvest stamp set and I really liked it but decided to use the layout sketch but change up the stamp, paper, etc. to make a fun birthday card.  You can see Darla's inspiration card HERE.

I started with Real Red cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardfront.  To this piece I added two pieces of the Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper and matted it with Pacific Point cardstock.  I also wrapped a piece of Lemon Lime Twist 1/4" Ombre Ribbon around the center.  One thing I love about this DSP and the coordinating Birthday Friends Framelits is that several of the framelits are sized to cut out images from the DSP, so no fussy cutting or coloring necessary, this is what I did to make the yummy birthday cake and then matted it with a circle of Old Olive cardstock (I did use dimensionals to attach the circle piece to the cardfront).

To finish off the card I stamped the greeting from the Birthday Delivery stamp set using Early Espresso ink and then added a trio of rhinestones in the top right center.

This is such a fun and cheery card, perfect to help celebrate someone's birthday, no matter how old they are.  I hope Darla likes my interpretation of her card.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog