Monday, September 4, 2017

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC48: You Deserve This

Happy Labor Day!  What a beautiful day to ring in the end of summer 2017, I have a feeling Aidan is going to want one last trip to the pool before it closes for the season.  Before all the holiday fun begins I wanted to share the card I made using this months SSINKspiration blog color challenge.  These are great colors but I must admit, the addition of Very Vanilla versus Whisper White did throw me off a little, just my personal preference but the point of these challenges is to challenge you so I went for it.  One of the new stamp sets I received recently, and hadn't had a chance to put a way was You Deserve This so I decided since it was already out to use it with the large main graphic as the focal point for my card.

I started with Flirty Flamingo cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Polka Dots Basics Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and inked up the large stamp using Basic Black ink and then randomly colored in parts of the images with my Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Write Marker and then attached the piece to the cardfront with dimensionals



The final touch was to add some Flirty Flamingo Baker's Twine.  Now I'm not a fan of mixing Very Vanilla and Whisper White elements on the same project (just my own personal preference so I took the baker's twine and ran a sponge that was inked in Soft Suede ink over it to help "dirty it up" so the white wasn't as bright and matched the other elements better.

I totally love the graphics and messages in this stamp set, weather used together as in this card or just inking individual sayings, so many possibilities.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team created using these same colors for inspiration and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create!


Below are easy ordering links for the products used in today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card & it's so cute with this stamp set! I was a little stumped with the Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White, but I think the colors worked really well!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog