Friday, September 22, 2017

SSINKspiration Fall Frenzy: Eclipse Technique

Good morning!  Today we get to officially ring in the arrival of fall, and even though the temperature isn't going to reflect the change in seasons today the SSINKspiration blog designers are feeling a little fall frenzy and sharing projects to greet the arrival of the new season.  If you've been online lately you've noticed that a new technique is floating around and getting lots of action, the eclipse technique in honor of last months solar eclipse, so I decided to use this technique on today's card.

I started with Very Vanilla Thick cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Fresh Fig cardstock behind the Very Vanilla cardfront.  To create this technique I started by stamping all over the cardstock using the Vintage Leaves stamp set and Fresh Fig, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, and Always Artichoke ink.  Next I used the Big Shot and Large Letters Framelits Dies to cut out the letters for "fall".  (Tip:  you can use washi tape to hold down your letter dies if they're trying to move a little on you).  Next I used Mini Dimensionals to attach the letters over the cut out holes so there is just a slight halo effect. 

The final touch was to add the rest of the greeting.  I knew I wanted to use the word "greetings" and searched all my stamp sets since I knew I had one that would work, the new Snowflake Sentiments stamp set from the Holiday catalog was perfect.  I used my Fresh Fig Stampin' Write Marker to color just the one word in on the stamp and then stamped on Cajun Crazy cardstock.  I didn't want the piece to be too big and overpower the card so I just used my Paper Snips and cut around the edges of the greeting and then attached it with dimensionals to the cardfront.

This is a fun technique, easy, and so versatile (you can adjust the size of the cardstock for the number of letters your using, think name signs, etc.).  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for fall inspiration.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. The ECLIPSE Technique!! I just tried it last week & it's really cool! Just love your Fall card & the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog