Monday, August 14, 2017

SSINKspiration Summer Fun: Daisy Delight Birthday Greetings!

Good morning!  You can tell we are in the heart of summer with all the crazy weather we had this week, heat and humidity, as well as several violent rain storms, definitely keeps you on your toes.  It's the thoughts of summer that the SSINKspiration design team is using for inspiration as we're sharing Summer Fun projects. When I think summer, flowers and bright cheery colors come to mind and with lots of August birthdays on my calendar this was perfect timing.

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Polka Dot Basics embossing folder.  next I added a piece of the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper and wrapped a piece of Daffodil Delight 1/4" Double-Stitched ribbon and tied a knot.

Next I used the Daisy Delight stamp set and stamped the flower in Daffodil Delight ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the Daisy Punch (I punched 2 flowers out).  One of the flowers I stamped the center design using Night of Navy ink and then added a Gold Faceted Gem to the center.  I attached the flower to the cardfront just in the center so I could curl up the petals for some extra dimension.  For the greeting I used the Five for All stamp set and using my Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker to color in just the part of the greeting I wanted and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock.  To cut the greeting out I used the Big Shot and Lots of Labels Framelits Dies (ran it through twice to get the size of label I needed) and then attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

These bright cheery colors just make me smile and who doesn't love daisies?  Perfect for birthday greetings.  The design team is sharing a fun variety of cards using this theme so make sure to check them out for more summer inspiration.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Polka dots and daisies - two of my favorites! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, Diana! Love the polka dot background & that pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog