Thursday, August 10, 2017

Proverbial Stampers Sketch Challenge: High Tide

Good morning!  My husband's birthday was earlier this week and one of the things he loves is visiting the beach and we always check out lighthouses that are in the area so I thought for this years card I would give a run card with a "beachy feel."  I also decided to use the Proverbial Stampers monthly sketch challenge as inspiration.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Wood Textures Designer Series paper (love all the texture and dimension this paper has!) and wrapped a piece of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon around the cardfront.

Next I worked on the main stamped image.  I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and using the High Tide stamp set I just started building my scene (photopolymer stamps are great for two-step stamping like this since you can see exactly where you need to be to match things up.  I used Real Red and Cherry Cobbler for the lighthouse and the dimension in the sand was created by using the larger stamp and stamping off first with the Crumb Cake ink for a lighter image and then used the smaller stamp and full strength Crumb Cake ink.  I did the same thing with the greenery around the lighthouse using Old Olive.  The water was stamped in Marina Mist and the birds in Dapper Denim (not I only used the smaller parts of the bird stamp and stamp twice to get the amount I wanted.  The greeting is from the Guy Greetings stamp set and was stamped in Dapper Denim.

Once I was finished with the stamp piece I matted it with Marina Mist cardstock and wrapped some Linen Thread around the piece and then tied a double bow and attached it with a glue dot.  Before attaching the stamped image to the cardfront I had to add the flags.  I used Dapper Denim for the sides and Old Olive for the center piece (and embossed it with the Big Shot and Softly Falling Embossing Folder).  Once I had everything just where I wanted I attached the whole piece with dimensionals (I also added a dimensional to the back of the green flag so the whole piece was raised off the cardfront and really had some dimension.

I was so happy with how this card turned out, it really has that relaxing summer feeling that this time of year is all about (I'm a little envious of people who have summer birthdays, it just seems the perfect time of year to celebrate) and it's perfect for hubby.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog