Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Fab Friday Color Sketch: Jar of Love

Good morning !  Summer is definitely the theme this week, which makes since as we're into the last few weeks of summer before the kiddos go back to school.  Today I decided to play along with the Fab Friday color challenge and make this fun card I could just drink up using the Jar of Love and Coffee Café stamp sets to make this fun lemonade drink (haha!)

I started with Whisper White think cardstock for the cardbase (I'm really loving this cardstock for the fresh clean look).  Then I added a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock as a matt for the Lemon Lime Twist cardfront.  On the cardfront I started by using the Embossing Paste and Pattern Party Decorative Masks for the fun textured back ground.

Now for the main image I started by stamping the jar outline from the Jar of Love stamp set in Basic Black and then stamped the ice cubes from the Coffee Café stamp set using Versamark ink and then heat embossed them with the Heat Tool and White Embossing Powder.  Next I used a sponge and Flirty Flamingo and Melon Mambo ink and sponged all over the jar to give the lemonade it's color before cutting it out with the coordinating Everyday Jars Framelits.

I used Copper Embossing Powder to heat emboss the lid and then made a fun straw that was stamped and then cut out with the framelits so you can easily sip lemonade from the mason jar.  Dimensionals were used to pop the top of the jar up.

The greeting is stamped using the same Jar of Love stamp set and was cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and attached with dimensionals.  The final touch, adding some Melon Mambo enamel dots (from the Brights Enamel Shapes).

This card is so yummy it just makes me want to drink it, haha! and I love stretching the use of stamps for other than their first thought.


Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I could just drink this lemonade card up too! The embossing paste texture is fun and echoes the ice cubes in the jar. I feel refreshed already! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee! I LOVE this! What a great idea to combine these two sets - so many possibilities, with pink lemonade being the best, of course! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog