Wednesday, July 19, 2017

TGIF Sketch Challenge: Cool Treats

Good morning!  We're certainly in the oppressive part of the summer, this heat and humidity is crazy.  While we settle in to tough this streak out I decided to cool things down a little by using the fun Cool Treats stamp set along with a new to me challenge, TGIF challenges which has a wonderful design team for inspiration.  I have a thing for flags on my projects and when I saw this sketch I decided to give it a go.

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and used the Burlap stamp set to stamp on the background for a little added texture.  Next I made my three flags, one is Calypso Coral that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Garden Trellis Embossing Folder, one is Early Espresso and I used some Embossing Paste that I colored with Crumb Cake ink refill and the Pattern Party Decorative Mask to mimic an ice cream cone, and the third uses the Foil Frenzy Speciality Designer Series Paper (this print is the Pool Party Foil).  I love how each of the different flags has it's on texture that you just have to touch to get the full effect.  To finish it off I wrapped some Whisper White Baker's Twine around the cardfront and all the flag layers.

For the greeting I used the Cool Treats stamp set and used Stampin' Write Markers to color in the greeting before stamping on Whisper White cardstock and cutting it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I used dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront and added three Pool Party Enamel Dots from the Subtles Enamel Shapes set to tie all the colors together.  The final touch, a yummy ice cream treat.  I stamped the top of the popcicle in Calypso Coral ink and then cut it out with the coordinating Frozen Treats Framelits.  I used Early Espresso cardstock to cut out the popsicle stick and then trimmed the pieces down and pieced them together and then used a dimensional to attach them to the cardfront so it really pops off the card.

This card looks really simple but it has so many layers of texture and little elements that really help dress it up, and as much as I love ice cream I could just eat this up.  What a great way to celebrate a summer birthday!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card: 

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog