Monday, July 17, 2017

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC47: Ink, Spray, and Smash

Good morning!  We had a wonderful weekend and are so happy Aidan returned home safely from scout camp and it was fun hearing about all his adventures, these kids are crazy!  We're starting a new week which means it's time for a challenge and this week the SSINKspiration blog has a fun technique challenge to play with and I decided to combine this with the July Proverbial Stampers color sketch.  This month we're using the Ink, Spray, and Smash Technique, another new technique for me but now that we have glossy cardstock back there are so many fun techniques to try out.

I'll start with the technique first, it's really simple but you do need some time to let the cardstock dry before finishing your card.  I took a piece of glossy white cardstock and added some random drops of Pacific Point and Real Red ink.  Then I spritzed the cardstock with water and took another piece of glossy white cardstock and laid it on top and twisted and smooshed it slightly.  Then you just pull them apart and set them aside to dry. 


To finish off the card I matted the cardfront with Basic Black cardstock and then attached it to a Real Red cardbase.  The greeting is from the Confetti Celebration stamp set and was stamped in Pacific Point ink on Whisper White cardstock and then cut out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits.  To finish this piece I sponged round the edge with Real Red ink.  Next I took a piece of Silver Foil cardstock and used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out a dressed up mat.  I used dimensionals to pop up the greeting from the silver layer.





Before attaching the greeting piece to the cardfront I added a piece of Delicate White Doily to just peak out of the bottom and then tied a knot using some Silver Natural 3/8" Trimmed Ribbon and added it to dress it up.  I add some small Silver Glimmer stars that were left over from a card I shared last week so I added one to the greeting for a little more glimmer (you can never have too much!)





This is a pretty fun technique and you get a unique look each time (both pieces of my glossy cardstock turned out different and if you look closely there were different thicknesses of ink remaining for some added texture.  The other design team members have make some beautiful cards using this technique so go check them out and then give this technique a try and share what you create, I would love to see it!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Can't go wrong with red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! Always love a good patriotic card. I really like the detail the doily adds under your greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been nervous to use such bright colors, but it's gorgeous!! Love your background!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog