Saturday, July 8, 2017

SSINKspiration Case A Designer: Cheryl Hamilton

Good evening!  I had some unexpected travel this week that threw my schedule off so I'm a little late posting  my card for the SSINKspiration blog CASE a designer post.  This month we are casing the super creative Cheryl Hamilton and I decided to  CASE this great masculine card but changed everything up with the colors and stamp sets.

I started with Soft Suede cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layering of Island Indigo cardstock as a mat for the Whisper White cardfront.  I used the Watercolor Wash background stamp and Cajun Craze ink for the background (I stamped off first on the background to make it a little lighter).  The greeting is from the Guy Greetings stamp set and was stamped in Island Indigo ink.

For the main stamped image I used the Vintage Leaves stamp set and after stamping the leaf in Island Indigo ink on Whisper White cardstock I cut it out using the Big Shot and the Lots of Labels Framelits (I ran the piece through twice to cut it down and make it shorter) and then sponged around the edge with Soft Suede ink.  A piece of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon was attached behind the leave piece before being attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.



This is Cheryl's original creation!


I really liked the clean lines of the original card and it makes a great masculine card which I was able to recreate with my version.  The other design team members make some great cards using Cheryl's inspiration so make sure to check them out, as well as the originals.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a wonderful weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. We CASE-d the same card! I really love the changes you made on yours. Your card reminds me of fall, warm sweaters and fun boots.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog