Monday, July 31, 2017

SSINKspiration All Things Thanks: Daisy Delight

Good morning!  What a change a week makes around here, we're having some much appreciated cooler weather and Aidan is off for a week with his grandparents so it's pretty quiet around the house (hoping that will equal a little more fun crafting time but I may also take advantage and get a little more sleep so we'll see).  Today the SSINKspiration designers are sharing all things thanks and so I have a really fun thank you card I made a while back and haven't been able to share.  I was so excited to see glossy white cardstock return in this catalog as there are some great techniques you can do.  I love the look of emboss resist so that's what I went with.

I started with Peekaboo Peach cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Basic Black for a mat to the cardfront.  On this card the cardfront is where everything is.  I started with a piece of Glossy White cardstock and stamped the different flower images from the Daisy Delight stamp set using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with the Heat Tool and White Embossing Powder.  Since this stamp set is a two-step stamp I actually embossed each piece individually (stems, flowers, etc.) to make sure I didn't smear anything.

Next I used a Stampin' Sponge and Peekaboo Peach ink to rub ink all over the bottom left side of the card until I got the right effect.  I used a Sponge Dauber and some Calypso Coral ink to add a little detail to the flower tops as well.  I really love how the embossing really pops once you apply the color.  To finish the flower I added small rhinestones to the center of each flower and then added some Basic Black and Peekaboo Peach Baker's Twine around the bottom of the card.  The bow has two pieces of each color of baker's twine so it's a really substantial element.  The final touch was to stamp the greeting in Basic Black ink (I used the Tuxedo Black ink and held it just a little longer on the cardfront so I got a nice clean image and let it dry, takes a little longer to try on the glossy cardstock.)

This is a great technique where you don't need a lot of supplies or time but you get a wonderful effect that is sure to impress.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing, I'm sure you'll find just the inspiration you're looking for on your next thank you card.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me how pretty the emboss resist technique is. This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me how pretty the emboss resist technique is. This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog