Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge and Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Stamp Set Focus: Just Sayin'

Good morning!  We’re having a great time in Hilton Head, SC (this is our first time visiting and it’s fabulous, I’ll definitely be sharing all the details when we get back).  I seem to constantly be in the need for birthday cards so I tend to make quite a few of them so I’m always ready.  I decided to double up on challenges for today’s card, using the Fab Friday Sketch Challenge with the  Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration blog and
stamp set focus using Just Sayin’.    This stamp set is so cute and I love the matching word bubble framelits!

I started with Smoky Slate for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Next I added three pieces of designer series paper from the Flashback Designer Series Paper and then I used a piece of Real Red cardstock for a mat to the DSP and wrapped a piece of Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon around the DSP layer.

The greeting is from the Just Sayin’ stamp set and was stamped with Versamark ink on Smoky Slate cardstock and then heat embossed with the Heat Tool and Pool Party Embossing Powder before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Word Bubbles Framelits.  I used a different framelit in the same set to cut another word bubble out of Red Glimmer Paper for a fun accent.  The greeting was popped up off the cardfront with dimensionals.

I really love how you can use a little bit of ribbon, glitter, or other accessories to really help dress up a card and elevate it a notch and it really doesn’t take much  more time.  There’s no way you can get this level of detail and texture to a store bought card, it’s priceless! 

 
 


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Happy crafting,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog