Sunday, March 15, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #61

Good morning!  It’s time to try out after our soggy Saturday and enjoy a much nicer Sunday (most of you know I enjoying running races and I had been regretting not signing up for a race that was yesterday but with the race I felt much better about not going, I really don’t like my feet being wet when I run, plus I would have missed Aidan’s basketball game which wouldn’t have been good.  Anyway, it’s time for a little creative inspiration and this weeks Can You Case It? Sketch challenge.  Again we were given complete freedom to make anything we wanted, with any products we want but we had to make the card in 10 minutes or less.  Thankfully I had the Lotus Blossom stamp set sitting on my desk recently and with the two-step stamping it makes beautiful cards a breeze. 

I started with Lost Lagoon for the cardbase and sponged random polka dots on the background using the Dots and Strips Mask and a sponge dauber.  Next I added a strip of DSP from the Typeset Speciality Designer Series Paper .  For the stamped image I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and started by stamping darkest to lightest which each of the flower and stem images using Lost Lagoon (full strength), Lost Lagoon (stamped off), and Pool Party inks for the flower and Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzaz for the flower stems.  Next I added another piece of DSP from the Typeset Speciality Designer Series Paper package and tied a piece of Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon around the layer before adhering it to the cardfront.

For the greeting, I used the same stamp set and stamped the greeting in Lost Lagoon ink and punched it out with a 1” Circle Punch and cut a mat for the greeting with the Big Shot and the Window Frames Framelits, and then attached it to the card with dimensionals.

This card turned out so soft and pretty you could really use it for any occasion (in fact I made a second one using a birthday greeting and different punches).  Remember, this is a Sale-a-bration stamp set and can earn if for FREE, but only through the end of the month so don’t miss out.  The other design team members shared wonderful cards as well so please go check them out and then play along with the sketch; I would love to see what you come up with. 

 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Take care!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Diana, I just love this! Super pretty and I love the color combo. Great job with the challenge and thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog